files are not uploaded to the correct folder

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Hi,

I'm having a strange issue with the component. I've set the upload folder of my adapters as follow :

((ThumbGeneratorAdapter)FileUploader1.Adapters[0]).FolderName = "UploadFolder/sam";
((FileSaverAdapter)FileUploader1.Adapters[1]).FolderName = "UploadFolder/sam"

This worsk fine on my development machine and files are uploaded to this folder (which by the way is c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mywebsite\uploadfolder\sam

However on my production server, the files are uploade to UploadFolder instead of UploadFolder/sam !  I have no idea why, all seems fine except that the files end up being in the wrong location.

Can you help ?

Thanks

Sep 26, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Made some progress on this. I think there's some caching issue with the component.

Like I said the upload folder name is dynamically changed in the page_load event based on the username. Now I've got two computers I've tried the following with :

-Computer1 with username 'Sam' : files uploaded

-Computer1 with username 'John': files are NOT uploaded

-Computer2 with username 'John' : files are uploaded

-Computer2 with username 'Sam' : files are NOT uploaded

And to make sure it's a caching issue :

-Computer2 with username 'Sam' AND a different browser (IE vs FF) : files ARE uploaded

So, how can I prevent the upload folder name to be cached ??? I want it to be refreshed each time the Page_Load event fire, this is an important requirement for me.

Thanks

Sep 26, 2009 at 10:16 AM
Edited Sep 26, 2009 at 11:09 AM

and another breakthrough.... I've tried with Firefox 3.5, IE 6, IE7 and IE8.  The issue only occurs with FF.

with IE, I can switch to different usernames and the files are always uploaded to the correct folder.

and another issue I've found, files are not uploaded to the server with Google Chrome and Safari  (Flash Player 10). That's starting to be too many issues and if no one replies to this thread I may have to switch to another component :(

Any idea, someone ?

Sep 29, 2009 at 5:59 AM

having the same trouble, nothing is uploaded with FF at all

Sep 29, 2009 at 8:34 AM

as far as I'm concerned, no one from ajaxian bothers replying to these issues.....

I'm done, I'm using another component now. 

good luck...

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Please if you rely on support for god's sake DO NOT use this control! I am busy working on projects and have no time for support. 

If you are just starting with .NET use http://www.telerik.com/ or http://www.infragistics.com/ 

Also if you think you can do ajax web development without fiddler... good luck! If you look at fiddler you will see why some requests fail. My guess is that the relative path is not resolved well so you need to specify it from the root. "/Forlder1/Folder2"