ProcessFile

May 28, 2009 at 9:19 AM
Edited May 28, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Hello!

I use the control to upload image files. (files are rather small: 5 - 500 KB). But not all files during bulk upload cause ProcessFile(HttpPostedFile file) method. So when I select for example 12 images and press 'upload' button 10 images only are uploaded. And the other 2 files are not uploaded, with no visible reasons.

And today I saw even more strange behavoir. I selected 9 files -  the 3th from them was not uploaded, so I got 8 files only on server. Then I  selected these 9 files again. And the 3th file from the previous upload came to server! then the other 9 files from the current upload came in their normal order.

Could you tell me why not the each selected file comes to ProcessFile(HttpPostedFile file) method?

Thanks.

Coordinator
May 28, 2009 at 4:38 PM

What OS you use? What flash player version http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html ? What browser?

May 28, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Player version: win 10.0.22.87
Debug player: no
Browser: IE7

Coordinator
May 28, 2009 at 6:36 PM

I can't reproduce that by using FileSaverAdapter and upload 10 very small files.

If you use custom adapter, may be it is something in your code?

Coordinator
May 28, 2009 at 6:38 PM

If you can isolate repeatable code, submit it together with the files in the Issue Tracker.

May 28, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Code and files are in Issure Tracker, Item 4509.

Coordinator
May 28, 2009 at 7:37 PM

I can test it later when I got some time but one thing I can tell you right now is to see if you have the same problems if you don't perform page redirect.

I don't get it why you have the second statement 

if (isLast==true) WebForm_DoCallback('__Page',"flajaxian_last",BindControl,null,null,false);

else WebForm_DoCallback('__Page',"flajaxian",BindControl,null,null,false);

You postback after each file? Why?

May 28, 2009 at 8:20 PM

When an image is posted, I pass it's parameters to a js function to bind the image preview. So when 20 files are uploading, I can see their preivews coming up on the page one after another.

Coordinator
May 28, 2009 at 9:02 PM

If you want to do something like that you should use ajax calls not ajax call backs because that will alter the controls.

Also for the example you mention can be done with client side call only without any need of server side code. But once you start messing up with server call back, you are on your own, you can't expect the clent side ajax control to work as normal.

May 29, 2009 at 2:50 AM

I've changed to call, and the control works fine now.

(I do need server side because there is not only file saving, but some manipuliation with files.)

Thanks a lot.

Jun 1, 2009 at 5:52 AM

The same problem again, although I've removed all ajax after uploading and all redirects in page_load.