FileUploader on OS X (Safari or FF3) Works But Doesn't Show It

Apr 25, 2009 at 12:39 AM
After getting flajaxian~27s FileUploader control working on my site~2c I had my client use it and he repeatedly had issues. When he uploads smaller files ~28~26lt~3b 200kb~29~2c it seems the control doesn~27t realize that the upload completed successfully. The Browse and Upload buttons remain disabled~2c and the file list box remains visible on top. It does successfully upload however. With larger files~2c it works fine. I~27m on a Vista box and it works for me every time. He did say that even the demos on this site had the same issue.~3cbr /~3e ~3cbr /~3e Any ideas what can cause this~3f At this moment I don~27t personally have a lot of time to dig into the source code sadly. Any help/input would be appreciated greatly~21~3cbr /~3e
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2009 at 1:14 AM
Yes this is an old Flash Player for MAC issue. Flash Player for MAC does not trigger onComplete event, so I have to check for progress == 100%. But for very small files it seems that the progress event never gets called. What version number of flash player he has? And can you confirm that he is on MAC, just to make sure it is not a different kind of problem?
Apr 25, 2009 at 1:18 AM
Edited Apr 25, 2009 at 1:21 AM
I~27m 100~25 positive he is on a mac. He said he~27ll be back at the computer in an hour or so to get the version number. Thanks for the swift response~21 Edit~3a no idea why all my punctuation is getting replaced with other characters. Odd.~3cbr /~3e
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2009 at 1:50 AM
I don't have MAC around me right now but if you want and you have access to MAC I can give you some directions of how to try to find solution?
Apr 25, 2009 at 1:53 AM
Edited Apr 25, 2009 at 1:53 AM
My wife has one I can try it on ~28haven~27t tried yet on that~29. Let me know what you want me to do.~3cbr /~3e
Apr 25, 2009 at 1:56 AM
His flash version is: MAC 9,0,151,0
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2009 at 2:09 AM
Edited Apr 25, 2009 at 2:10 AM
My expectation is that with version 10 they would have fixed the problem, and this is one thing to check, so in the worst case scenario you can ask MAC users to install 10.

So the first thing is 1.Enable Flash traceing. For that reason set IsDebug property = true like this:

<fjx:FileUploader ID="FileUploader1" IsDebug="true" runat="server" >

</fjx:FileUploader>

Then take the /flash/ServerTracer.swf from the source and put it on the same folder on the server where is your page. Then open your page in one browser window (or tab) and the ServerTracer.swf file in another on your MAC.

From there you will see what events are triggered. I would appreciate it if you can publish here the trace for both player 0 and 10 on MAC.

The next thing would be to play with changing the Flash - you will need Flash for that so you can recompile (export) flash located at /flash/FileUploader2.fla

The code of interest is at /flash/Classes/com/flajaxian/FileReferenceCollection.as

line 173 is uncommented call to complete event
line 109 calls it from onProgress

try playing with it to come to a solution. I can't tell you more cause I don't know enough.
  If you exprt Flash, don't forget to recompile the .NET project as well!