Cross browser tests report

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:12 PM
Edited Feb 27, 2009 at 8:00 AM
Finally I got uploader working in my asp.net custom wizard.
Now I'm testing it cross browser.

(Before someone posts asking, I read and included correctly http://www.flajaxian.com/flajaxian.com/FileUploader2.0Help.html#RequestLimitations and http://www.flajaxian.com/flajaxian.com/FileUploader2.0Help.html#HowToUseClientSideEvents )

Here's a quick report:

OS+Browser:
  •  (MS Windows Vista, IE 7.0.6001)
Flash: 10
OS+Browser:
  •  (MS Windows XP SP3, Avant Browser 11.7 build 22, core IE 6.0)
Flash: 9
Issues: none

OS+Browser:
  • (MS Windows Vista, FF 3.0.6)
  • (MS Windows Vista, Chrome 1.0.154.48) 
  • (MS Windows Vista, Safari 4 Public beta) 
  • (MS Windows XP SP3, Opera 9.63)
  • (MS Windows XP SP3, Safari 3.2.1)
Issues: does not render pic previews after upload ( fixed adding a setTimeout('location.href = location.href;', 1500) after last fileStateChanged to let Server store the pics )

OS+Browser:
  • (MS Windows XP SP3, IE 6.0.2900.5512.xpsp_sp3)
  • (MS Windows XP SP3, FF 2.0.0.17)
  • (MS Windows XP SP3, Netscape Navigator 9 - dismissed but using FF 2.0.0.12 core)
  • (MS Windows XP SP3, Chrome 1.0.154.48)
Issues: does not save pics, don't know what to do.

What is your opinion?

EDIT: Upload for MS WinXP SP3+FF2 fixed downgrading Player from 10 to 9.0.124

--
parlato_edoardo
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2009 at 1:32 AM
Hi Parlato,

I just tested with FF and Chrome with Player 10 on XP and I see no problem whatsoever. It may be that you downloaded code between two partial commits or something like that. Can you confirm that you have this with the latest code.

Also can you submit a ticket with a sample code that demonstrates the problem in the Issue Tracker (in a zip) because I cannot reproduce it.
Mar 2, 2009 at 7:58 AM
Edited Mar 2, 2009 at 11:42 AM
Nope, I'm using latest source rebuilded in VS2008 with no source changes.
FF and Chrome are running on an XP virtual machine created in VirtualBox, also Netscape 9 acts the same way.

I'll post the saple code here, later. Stay tuned... ;)

Edit
: Issue tracker opened here
Mar 6, 2009 at 10:14 AM
No updates yet? No one had similar issues?
Coordinator
Mar 8, 2009 at 8:58 PM
Seriously man, I have no idea what your issue is. 

I tested your code submited in the Issue Tracker tab.  I had to only comment in your web config <!--pages styleSheetTheme="Default" /--> because you didn't supply your theme. Unless you have something there that would interfere with the control the rest was the same.
On XP:
IE6 Flash 9 - OK
IE6 Flash 10 - OK
FF Flash 10 - OK
Crome Flash 10 - OK
On Vista:
Everything is OK too.
Mar 16, 2009 at 10:25 AM
Edited Mar 17, 2009 at 10:42 AM
I'm still investigating on my issues.. it seems that different XP service packs acts different ways.

EDIT: issues seems to affect only VirtualBox virtual machine! I made tests on a XP real machine with flash 9 and 10, both Chrome and IE6 worked flawlessly. Sorry flajaxian about my (boring? :) ) threads but i needed to be sure Uploader was good for almost all new and old browsers.

Thanks again for your quick replies.
Hope at least my tests have been useful to other users.