uploader event handler issues

May 23, 2009 at 11:38 PM

I'm developing in C# on Visual Web Developer 2008 Express.  I have a file uploader on an .aspx page, with some database calls and session variable assignments made in the FileReceived event handler in the code-behind.  Everything works perfectly when I run the code locally, but when I deploy my app to another box the event handler code doesn't seem to work.  The uploader still saves the file(s) to the correct location, but session variables remain null and no database entries are made.  I must be overlooking something, but I can't figure out why this one thing (any uploader event handler) run fine locally but not when the app is copied to another box.  What confuses me is that the uploader is, in general, working in both locations, so it's not like the uploader doesn't even function at all, it's just the event handlers when not run locally.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Coordinator
May 24, 2009 at 4:23 AM

One thing that could affect session is this one http://www.flajaxian.com/flajaxian.com/FileUploader2.0Help.html#HowToOvercomeFlashBug but it is client side issue not server side, I can't think of anything else. May be something within your app or server setup (if they are in farm for example)