Integrated Windows Authentication Error

Jan 19, 2009 at 5:04 PM
When using Integrated Windows authentication and I click on the upload button, a username/password dialog window comes up.  I put in valid credentials, but IE freezes and I eventually have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to shut down IE.

1.  I don't want the dialog window to appear. I have given the Network Service account full control, so the user shouldn't have to login.  How can I fix this?
2.  When IE freezes, is this a known issue?  Is there a hotfix for this?

I am using IE 7.0, IIS 6.0, Windows 2003 Server.

Thank you,
Sheny
Jan 19, 2009 at 5:31 PM
I love this control, but I having this same problem with Windows authentication.
Coordinator
Jan 19, 2009 at 5:43 PM
Unfortuatelly Flash does not allow to change request headers during the file upload, event though it allows for other requests, so I cannot fix this internally but you can check this thread as these guys seem to find some kind of solution:

Jan 21, 2009 at 7:21 PM
I tried their solution, but it doesn't work when using a vanity domain or trying to save the files to a shared drive or even a mapped drive.  I keep getting prompted for a username and password.  I understand the issue with Flash, however I am confused, because when I enter valid crenditials, IE 7 locks up.  I've even tried giving "Everyone" full control on the upload folder, but I get the same issue.

Any other ideas?
Jan 26, 2009 at 9:56 PM

“I'm experiencing the same problem as ckang.  I think the solution in the thread above must be a security glitch and only works if you reference the server name in your URL.  I've spent a lot of time on this and I am hoping there is an answer for using this control with Window authentication.”