Important: flash player bug fix

Coordinator
Jun 23, 2008 at 1:13 AM
There is a bug in flash debug player that results in cookies not being sent with the upload request. That could lead to impossibility to use session or to upload if you use form authentication for example. The solution is in build 11485 (or latest binaries on the Releases tag) but you also have to add these code to the Global.asax

void Application_BeginRequest(object sender, EventArgs e){
  com.flajaxian.FileUploader.RegisterAspCookies();
}
Jul 11, 2008 at 10:14 AM
Edited Jul 11, 2008 at 10:15 AM
yes i certainly did, sorry for not mentioning that in my post but i implemented it as following for vb hopefully its correct

Protected Sub Application_BeginRequest(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
        com.flajaxian.FileUploader.RegisterAspCookies()
    End Sub

thanks for your reply look - any clues ?

cheers
Coordinator
Jul 11, 2008 at 4:52 PM
What I would recommend in this case is to use Fiddler http://www.fiddlertool.com/fiddler/ (look at session inspector tab - Raw for request and response) and see when you upload to Firefox what is the server response - is it an error? what error? or the page has just being redirected?
Jul 11, 2008 at 10:51 PM
no problem will do, does it make any sense that firefox works when its a root website rather than a virtual directory application ?
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2008 at 12:45 AM
Well let's first see what Fiddler will have to say...
Jul 14, 2008 at 12:15 AM
ok. I found what was casuing the issue, well i was wrong on many levels again, i had the application running on https on my webserver and not on my test machine.

can this run on ssl ?
Coordinator
Jul 14, 2008 at 7:22 AM
of course
Jan 25, 2009 at 2:45 AM
First of all, great app.I am having the Firefox upload issue.  My Global.asax has it's code in VB.  what is the VB equivalent of :
}

Thanks,
Rickey B
Paramedic
Jan 25, 2009 at 3:01 AM
Never mind, it was too easy.

Sub Application_BeginRequest(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
        com.flajaxian.FileUploader.RegisterAspCookies()
    End Sub

Thanks Again,
Rickey
Apr 6, 2010 at 11:40 AM

adding

} 
to my global.ascx file works fine in the visual studio webserver, but when I run the same code in IIS7 I get this error

The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file. 

my web.config file is set to medium trust, is this a known problem or is there something I can do to fix it?

TIA