FileUploader & FormView controls

Apr 10, 2008 at 7:15 PM
First of all, great work on this control! I'm having an issue trying to get the control to work inside a FormView control. Specifically, I placed the control under the InsertItemTemplate section so that the user can add images when inserting an item. Unfortunately, this doesn't work for the same reasons (I believe) that it doesn't normally work when using the TabContainer. I tried to use the posted js that you provided in that thread to solve my issue but had no success. Do you have any ideas on how to get this to work inside the templates in the FormView control?
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2008 at 11:46 PM
Probably you use not only form view but also update panel - my suggestion would be to put it on a div layer outside the update panel and then position it with css.
Apr 16, 2008 at 7:43 PM
Edited Apr 16, 2008 at 7:43 PM
I'm only using the FormView, not using the UpdatePanel. I just resorted to moving the control to a separate page in order to separate the uploading of images.

Thanks
Coordinator
May 18, 2008 at 8:26 PM

File uploader must not be in DIV display:none or visibility:hidden when the page is loaded, if it is then you have to set 

DoNotInitializeJavascript

="true"

<

upl:FileUploader ID="FileUploader1" DoNotInitializeJavascript="true" runat="server" >...

and then call this.FileUploader1.ClientID+"_initialize()" function the first time it becomes visible

Jul 22, 2008 at 4:33 PM
Edited Jul 22, 2008 at 4:34 PM
I have this issue with a modal popup box as well.

Do you mind adding some example javascript code to do this.FileUploader1.ClientID+"_initialize()"?

wdavet
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2008 at 7:05 PM

For esxample if you have tabs and the uploader is invisible initialy

<upl:FileUploader ID="FileUploader1" DoNotInitializeJavascript="true" runat="server" >...

<script language="javascropt">
window._uploaderHasBeenInitialized = false;
function OnTabClicked(){
    if(!window._uploaderHasBeenInitialized){
        window._uploaderHasBeenInitialized = true;
        <%=this.FileUploader1.ClientID+"_initialize();"%>
    }
}
</script>