Uploading Files From Mac

Nov 15, 2010 at 5:00 AM

We are trying to integrate the file uploader component in our website but the problem is, it does not work under Macintosh environment. It uploads the file but fails to show that on screen. Based on my testing, it seems like it only happens for images of size less than 1 MB. I have been looking into action-script files and other places but not sure how to get around this issue.

Do you guys know of any quick solution to this?

I would really appreciate your help.

Sep 18, 2011 at 10:28 PM

We're having exactly the same issue.  Works fine on a PC but on a mac certain files work and others don't.  We see exactly the same behavoir as above when it doesn't work: the file arrives at S3 but the client shows no progress at all and just hangs.  A file that works on the mac works on all browsers.  A file that does't work fails on all browsers.  That very same file works fine when uploaded from a PC.

We're looking at needing to replace the functionality if we can't fix this and I would rather not since it, otherwise, is such a perfect fit for our needs.

It would be a huge help if anyone had a lead on this.  Or even if we could brainstorm with somethone very familair with the tool on what we should try.

Thanks in advance!

Allan